It's not news that public sector union membership outstrips private sector union membership, but it's worth checking out the visual provided at The New York Times Economix blog showing union membership by industry. A plurality of unionized workers are in local government (4.6 million) followed by state government (1.96 million) and rounded out by federal workers (984,000).
TrackBack URL: http://www.publicsectorinc.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/102
- Trends and tea leaves in the BLS' annual unionization report
- Why state and local government?
- Another big setback for public sector unions
- Another stern call for reviving private sector unions
- Conflict among unions on infrastructure investments
- Unions prioritize themselves over services for the sick and poor
- Public unions drive private union jobs out of Wisconsin
- Is this how to revive private sector labor?
- Unions versus jobs in Wisconsin
- Public labor to American business: shut up!
- New York union ratifies pact
- Wisconsin State Employee Compensation Plan Ushers in New Era, New Savings
- Banning Project Labor Agreement Bans in California
- Are union leaders "bosses" or representatives?
- Down but not out