The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) payroll was updated on SeeThroughNY today. The data show that the 73,919 people employed there last year earned an average salary of $72,019 -- up nearly four percent from 2009. The data also show that, for the third consecutive year, 10% of the agency's employees earned six digits, while a select few employees tripled their salaries in extra pay. Read more here.
TrackBack URL: http://www.publicsectorinc.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/315
- State budgets and disaster recovery...
- How many other states are insolvent?
- High taxes and unions: coincidence or cause?
- So little real pension reform...
- New York nonprofit corruption
- Judge blocks employee benefit cuts in NY county
- Of Suffolk County and A-Rod
- Yes, Virginia, there is a way to save government jobs
- The S&P and public pension funds
- The $51.71-an-hour temporary government job
- Will the Empire State strike back?
- How not to interpret the Wisconsin election
- Energy, manufacturing drive some state economies
- 'Disappointed' is an understatement
- CalSTRS hypocrisy on 'fiduciary responsibility'