Yesterday on FOX Business Network's "Varney & Co.", Steven Malanga discussed Illinois's persistent deficit -- a year after raising taxes. How can lawmakers fix this mess? Well for one thing, the Prarie State hasn't changed their pension system and it is now one of the worst funded in the country. Watch what Steve has to say about the Prarie State pension mess.
TrackBack URL: http://www.publicsectorinc.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/664
- LA voters reject tax increase designed to save police jobs
- Will Illinois state employees still be allowed to blow off work?
- A contract Illinois cannot afford
- LA stares over pension cliff, glimpses insolvency
- Illinois residents pay more, get less, face a strike
- Illinois union "bulletin" maps out path to state employee strike
- AFSCME and Illinois -- Steps toward a Strike
- Teachers and Teachers Union Operatives
- Is Illinois a bigger default risk than Iraq?
- Sacramento takes stock of its debt in sobering report
- Legislators at the pension trough, part 2
- California's 'wall of debt' towers over tax revenues
- Are Illinois pensions protected by its constitution?
- The cost of pension neglect: NJ edition
- 2 scary charts about state, local debt