If Jon Corzine thought pension obligation bonds were 'the worst investment idea in the world' then how could anyone else possibly think they are a good solution to unfunded pension liabilities? Steve Malanga discussed the pension crisis and the terrible ideas that are being used to "fix" the problems in cities and states across the country on Fox Business Network's "Varney & co." yesterday. As the segment wrapped up, Stuart Varney paid Steve a compliment noting "You know more about this than most people, I do believe." Watch the segment below to see why Stuart is so impressed with him.
TrackBack URL: http://www.publicsectorinc.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/775
- LA voters reject tax increase designed to save police jobs
- Will Illinois state employees still be allowed to blow off work?
- A contract Illinois cannot afford
- LA stares over pension cliff, glimpses insolvency
- Illinois residents pay more, get less, face a strike
- John Paulson's Smart (New) Bet
- Despite losses, Calpers forges ahead with politicized investing
- Illinois union "bulletin" maps out path to state employee strike
- How the pension crisis squeezes budgets, California edition
- AFSCME and Illinois -- Steps toward a Strike
- Texas gas attack provokes California
- Teachers and Teachers Union Operatives
- Is Illinois a bigger default risk than Iraq?
- Retiree healthcare solution: Let Obamacare pay for it!!!
- California teachers union: Light my fire