Last night I appeared with Utah Gov. Gary Herbert on John Stossel's Fox Business Network show to discuss the public pension problem and how Utah addressed it. Watch the segment below. To read an account of a study by two BYU professors about how the change in Utah affected the long term out look of the pension system, go here.
TrackBack URL: http://www.publicsectorinc.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1065
- LA voters reject tax increase designed to save police jobs
- LA stares over pension cliff, glimpses insolvency
- The Red States and the Nordic countries
- Is Illinois a bigger default risk than Iraq?
- Sacramento takes stock of its debt in sobering report
- Legislators at the pension trough, part 2
- California's 'wall of debt' towers over tax revenues
- Are Illinois pensions protected by its constitution?
- Scoring the fiscal cliff deal for state and local governments
- The cost of pension neglect: NJ edition
- 2 scary charts about state, local debt
- Despite Clinton & Liu, infrastructure still needs saving
- RI pension case goes to court
- San Bernardino aims to save $61 million
- Puerto Rico: The first pension domino?